Sunday, October 18, 2009

Let's Begin


Hey! Jeighmee here,so I decided, with the encouragement of Shelly at Riding Pretty, to open my own blog about cycling as an alternative method of transport in Puerto Rico. I don't know if it's just me but it's pretty hard to achieve this in Puerto Rico, lots of up's and down's and owning a cruiser doesn't make it any easier. I own a Mountain Bike and recently my boyfriend bought me a blue Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser, I only rode the Mountain Bike at parks for riding or walking but the Cruiser is for so much more, so I decided I would start going to work on Sundays with the Cruiser, on weekdays I work late and I don't deem it very safe for me to be on a bicycle at 11.30pm on my way home. Tomorrow morning first thing I'll try to get a permit for taking my bicycle on the train and check out if my university owns a bike post, also I have found a group in Puerto Rico that actually gets together at my University the last Fridays of the month to just cruise around on their bikes, I hope I don't have to work on the 30th, I really want to meet them and ride along. Till next time!!!

BTW: I want to name my Cruiser, I'm between Margot or Tilly, what do you think? I'm in the process of customizing, she had a black saddle and complete black grips.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting your blog! I love the photo of your of your cruiser, what a pretty color it is! and with the customization it will look fantastic.

    The Friday night riding club souunds fun, I hope you get to go.

    I'm liking the name 'Tilly' for your cruiser, somethng about makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete